Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek is a less than a week-long trek in the foothills of the Annapurna to Ghorepani and Poon Hill. This trek lets you enjoy trekking through beautiful mountain scenery, charming Gurung villages, dense rhododendron forests, and sub-tropical valleys, all set in the Annapurna region along with the picturesque Machapuchare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline. From the top of Poon Hill (3,210m / 10,531ft) that lies above Ghorepani Village, you can get mind-blowing sunrise views over the Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Hiunchuli, and Machhapuchhre (6,993m). This trek provides you a chance to immerse yourself in nature, beauty, and fascinating culture in one of the world’s most scenic regions.
After arriving in Kathmandu, a representative from Sea & Sky Tours & Travels Trekking & Expedition will pick up from the airport and take to our hotel and we are introduced to our fellow participants and discuss our trip at office or hotel. Evening dinner and Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Morning after breakfast at hotel, then drive Airport fly to Pokhara, (Pokhara is located in the mid western Nepal and a six-hour drive or 20-minutes flight from Kathmandu. Pokhara, the centre of adventure in Nepal, is an enchanting city nestled in a tranquil valley. Due to its stunningly beautiful natural setting and the suitable base for trekking in the Annapurna region, Pokhara is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Nepal after Kathmandu. It is the starting point for many of Nepal’s most popular trekking and rafting destinations. The majority of the people of Pokhara are Brahmins and Chettris from Kathmandu and Tibetan settlers) Arrive and lunch in Pokhara, rest then 1 hour Boating on Fewa Lake, free time lake side, dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
Starting at about 8 am from Pokhara (the main closest town to the Annapurna Himalaya range), we took a bus to Nayapul to begin the Poon Hill trek.
We start trekking from Nayapul (trekking entry point) to Birethanti about one hour. Then have lunch at Birethanti after lunch trek to Tikhedhunga Village passing mountain forests & Rivers about 3/4 hours and overnight at Tea house.
This day's hike will be quite challenging as we walk straight up the face of the mountain for about 5/6 hours, eventually catching glimpses of the white snow capped Annapurna peaks.
After breakfast trek from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani via Ulleri passing thousands of stone paved steps ascend upward a bit challenge for trekkers. We stay at upper Ghorepani village offers best view of Annapurna South & Nilgiri Mountains. Overnight at Tea house.
Early in the morning (5 am) we hike steps trail about one & half hour to Poon Hill view point for sunrise view over amazing Himalayas. Poon hill is the highest altitude of this trekking situated at 3210 M offers magnificent panoramic view Annapurna Range including Fishtail, Dhaulagiri and others 20 highest mountains. After sunrise back to hotel have breakfast and begin trek to Ghandruk village. Today is the hardest treks about 6/7 hours through rhododendron forest and rest at Tadapani before reach to Ghandruk village then overnight in tea house at Ghandruk. Gandruk is actually quite a large village, and the views of the Annapurnas are outstanding.
Today is the last day of the trekking as we trek downhill to Nayapul via Birethanti. Lunch at Birethanti. The 4 days Ghorepani trekking comes to an end at Nayapul and then drive back to Pokhara it takes about 1 hour then free time in Lake side, evening dinner at hotel and overnight stay at stay overnight at hotel.
Morning after breakfast transfer to airport then fly back to Kathmandu. Arrive then drive to visit Kathmandu Durbar Square, noon after lunch at restaurant free time for shopping in Thamel and Ason Area, Evening farewell dinner at Typical Nepali Restaurant with live Folk music and Dance, then transfer to airport approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight. On our way to home, we have plenty of time to plan our next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
- Hotels as 3/4/5 star (twin sharing) in Kathmandu and Pokhara,
- Airport pick up and transfer (from/to the international/domestic flight),
- Privately reserved transportation as per the group size for round the trip (HIACE/van, mini/bus, Sutlaj etc. as per the group size),
- Full board trek (with 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) And in Kathmandu and Pokhara all meals inclusive as on the given program,
- Accommodation (twin sharing) on trek,
- All trek and entry permits & TIMS,
- 1 guide, guide's assistant (for the group if higher than 10 people) assistant, necessary number of porters.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu & Pokhara on the said places with guide, drive and entrance fees,
- Duffel bag for carrying your things if required for trek purpose only,
- Services of trekking map (1 or 2) depending on the group size,
- Services of daily warm/washing water, fresh fruits, etc.
- Trek equipment, back pack, warm clothes, rain wear, personal medicines if any,
- Cold drinks, bar bills, personal expenses, tips to your trek guide and other porters (if any),
- extra night stay in Kathmandu or in Pokhara and anything not mentioned on the above price
- Kathmandu - Pokhara-Kathmandu Airfare with airport Tax
- Any International and Domestic Airfare.
- Tips for Driver, Guide & Staff.